Conroe Mobos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrod

In Runtime
Anybody have any idea of when decent motherboards that support the Conroe are supposed to be out? Looking to start my build asap but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg for a p.o.s. mobo

Hopefully newegg will drop the prices on conroe mobo's after they start selling them, ya know to make it easier to buy both the cpu and board. At least I'm hoping so.

how about using the search feature, ive seen like 239879382 of these threads. and youll probably get a better aswer

they're already out...unless you guys just want cheaper and better. If I'm wrong than ****...mine is supposed to be coming today but of course no cpu! ;p

Let's see how my diving adventure goes! :D

well i got the p5w dh deluxe, trouble is if your overcloking and yuor using an e6300 then you wont get passed 2.9, and definaly not passed 3.1 cos the max fsb is 450:mad:

but if ya are gonna OC then the gigabyte ds3/4 is a much better buy, cheaper and it could push the conre so much further, the the asus is a nice board

harry18 said:
well i got the p5w dh deluxe, trouble is if your overcloking and yuor using an e6300 then you wont get passed 2.9, and definaly not passed 3.1 cos the max fsb is 450:mad:

but if ya are gonna OC then the gigabyte ds3/4 is a much better buy, cheaper and it could push the conre so much further, the the asus is a nice board
The way it seems to be going, the best combos are:

DS3/4 + E6300/E6400

or

P5W DH + E6600/E6700/X6800

Those combinations have seem to be yielding the best OC's so far.

Someone said that a lot of motherboards are compatible with the chip, it just can't OC. I need a new computer so I'm wondering if it'd work ok to get a cheap compatible mobo now and upgrade it later so I can OC. What do you guys think? And if I go that route, what's a good/cheap mobo I can get now that would run it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom