Many Problems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent_Joka

In Runtime
I recently left home for a few days, and came back to a very messed up computer! I am running Windows XP Home Edition SP2. It's a version that came with computer when I bought it from BestBuy. Just today it was telling me that it's not Genuine... I am getting several Internet Explorer run errors. I can't get disks to AutoPlay in my Lite-On combo drive... I don't have them money to buy a new geniune key from Microsoft, is there a way I can fix this? Also what about these script errors? I have ran all my programs to check for adware/spyware/virus/malware did it all in safe mode and I still can't get it to work correctly. :((

If you bought this OEM version from BestBuy, I suggest you call Microsoft and explain your situation and provide proof of purchase (usually a label on the computer with the serial).

http://www.pcworld.com/article/126030-1/article.html?findid=54252

At the time of WGA's launch, the program met with mixed reviews from customers because of a flaw that identified some versions of Windows as counterfeit when they were actually genuine copies. Because of this, the automated verification feature was immediately hacked so users could avoid running the program when using Microsoft update services. Microsoft has since repaired the flaws.

Microsoft has increased its efforts in recent years to fight software piracy and the counterfeiting of its software products. In addition to the GSI, the company has been working with hardware vendors to fight piracy and counterfeiting in countries that are prone to software piracy, such as China.

how to disable it

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921914

Disable WGA Notifications
1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrative permissions.
2. Make sure that the WGA Notifications version that exists on the computer is a pilot version. The version format for the pilot version is 1.5.0532.x. In this case, you can uninstall versions 527-532 only. For example, you can uninstall versions that range from 1.5.0527.0 to 1.5.0532.2. To find the WGA Notifications version, follow these steps:
a. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
b. Double-click Add or Remove Programs, locate and then click Windows XP - Software, then click Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications, and then click Click here for support information.
c. In the Support Info dialog box, verify the version number, and then click Close.
3. Rename the following files by changing the extension to .old:
• Rename %Windir%\system32\WgaLogon.dll to %Windir%\system32\WgaLogon.old
• Rename %Windir%\system32\WgaTray.exe to %Windir%\system32\WgaTray.old
4. Restart the computer.
Back to the top Back to the top
Manually uninstall WGA Notifications
1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrative permissions.
2. Make sure that the WGA Notifications version that exists on the computer is a pilot version. The version format for the pilot version is 1.5.0532.x. In this case, you can uninstall versions 527-532 only. For example, you can uninstall versions that range from 1.5.0527.0 to 1.5.0532.2. To find the WGA Notifications version, follow these steps:
a. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
b. Double-click Add or Remove Programs, locate and then click Windows XP - Software, then click Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications, and then click Click here for support information.
c. In the Support Info dialog box, verify the version number, and then click Close.
3. Rename the following files by changing the extension to .old:
• Rename %Windir%\system32\WgaLogon.dll to %Windir%\system32\WgaLogon.old
• Rename %Windir%\system32\WgaTray.exe to %Windir%\system32\WgaTray.old
4. Restart the computer.
5. Unregister LegitCheckControl.dll by using Regsvr32. To do this, follow these steps:
a. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
b. At the command prompt, type the following, and then press ENTER:
Regsvr32 %Windir%\system32\LegitCheckControl.dll /u
6. Restart the computer.
7. Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
8. At the command prompt, delete the following files by typing the Del command. Press ENTER after you type each command.
• Del %Windir%\system32\wgalogon.old
• Del %Windir%\system32\WgaTray.old
• Del %Windir%\system32\LegitCheckControl.dll
9. At the command prompt, type regedit.
10. Locate and then right-click the following registry subkeys. Click Delete after you locate each subkey.
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\ CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\WgaLogon
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows \CurrentVersion\Uninstall\WgaNotify

I posted that a while back but someone got on my aass about it with a PM cuz it was illegal....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom