Windows XP Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
man general...

Looks like Im going to be making a 10 GB partion next time I reformat!

Got me all excited to give it a shot :D

The General said:
Give what a shot? Linux or buying a legit license for $10? :p

I cant say I havent done either! :D

I seriously will give Linux a shot though.

I just dont want to get in over my head...

I did this online personal test thing (not sure if it was any good or not) and I awnsered a series of questions and It said Id be suited for Kubuntu.

I dont know if it was bogus or not...

I know a good deal of XP and such its just from what Iv heard some Linux versions can be very advanced.

:D

Yeah, Linux is pretty nice. I think you won't have to bad of a time learning it and getting into the swing of things. You just need to keep an open mind, don't be quick to judge the likness of the command line, or how software is installed, and it will be cake from there.

umm well, each windows can be used on 3 different occassions, or computers... so if your friend is willing to give up one of those 3, go for it.. after that, it won't let you register it online anymore

ok so nos boost all i have to do is install it and he will have one more time to use it on another computer? i still dont get wut ur saying...and where do i get a thingy for 10$?

I have a harddrive thats partitioned with Windows XP home SP1 on it..if i put that in and compy it to my new 250 gig HD will it work? if i start my comp wit windows xp on my partitioned hd will it work?

well i don't get what your 2nd post is saying..

but anyway, your allowed to register window's xp up to 3 times before you can no longer install it on another computer.. well "legally" of course

i have windows xp home, and have it registered to 2 computers, legally, my rig, and my dads old piece of junk... so if he's willing to you can use his disk.

and i'll try to take a crack at ur second response... when you install, it may just update instead of fully install.. or even you could overwrite your other windows i guess

ok in my comp right now (my old compaq) it has a 40GB partitioned harddrive and in the partition is Windows XP Home SP1 (im guessing because my recovery disc installs win 98 but it always pops up windows xp (I just reformatted my comp (illegally downloading gives u viruses)))..if I pop in the HD that has Windows XP in the partition will it boot and install windows XP on my new computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom