Quick Motherboard question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathawk

Daemon Poster
First off, is a MicroATX motherboard compatible with an ATX case? If so, can somebody suggest me a good motherboard(for an ATX case.) that has onboard video, and performs (okay, no tasking for anything really overboard.) for cheap, around 70 dollars.

Hoping it has 1 pciex16 port, and has at least 2 SATA2 ports.

Thanks.

Yes, MicroATX motherboards fit in ATX cases. What kind of CPU for the motherboard? Will help in making suggestions.

Yeah that looks excellent, I'd go for that board actually.

The only downside to MicroATX motherboards is a lack of features, due to lack of space. For instance, it has 2 DDR2 slots instead of 4, and it probably has less features for overclocking and such. Other than that, there are no downsides, due to size and form facture, than will decrease performance.

Yes, the video card will use your system ram, so make sure to get at least a gig.

Thanks you. I should be set to finally make my cheap computer build :p

Finally, any difference between 24 pin and 20 pin motherboards..? Because the PSU I'm looking at is 20 pin, and this is 24 pin.. whats compatible with what :(

No, it's just what kind of power plug they use. Most new boards are 24 pin, but it wouldn't make a difference if it were 20 pin.

No, most new PSU's have a 24pin that has 4 pins that detatch for the 20pin mobos, but if you have a 20pin PSU, I think you are out of business.

Yes you can use 20 pin power for a 24 pin motherboard.

It will only fit in one way.

The ASRock board uses 20 pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom