Registry Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I can think of is Spyware Blaster. But what would that have to do with my external hard drive? I can't think of anything else really. Is there some way I can check what the last things I did were?

tried reinstalling the drivers ? as in removing it from device manager and then plugging the device in ? if it doesnt act like it recognized new hardware after deleting it from device manager find the drivers in the C:\windows\INF folder which is hidden so you will have to allow hidden folders to be viewed

EDIT: if you do have the safley remove hardware icon in the task bar do it that way often mass storage devices like that will have it.

I do have the safely remove hardware icon in my taskbar. Also, I have tried to reinstall the drivers, but I have never seen C:\windows\INF folder. So I should find the drivers there, then delete them, and reinstall them again?

if you have the safley remove hardware icon there is no need just uninstall the drivers from the icon

Yes, I have tried almost every port possible. I even used a port that was used by a USB printer which works for the printer and it didn't work for the hard drive. I don't understand why it won't work. It worked before. Is there a log on the computer somewhere that shows when you installed everything?

xtmpacygax said:
I do have the safely remove hardware icon in my taskbar. Also, I have tried to reinstall the drivers, but I have never seen C:\windows\INF folder. So I should find the drivers there, then delete them, and reinstall them again?

ok, when you open the icon does it show the usb drive?

Yes, it does. It shows 3 things in a tree type order. First is One Touch II, then that goes to Maxtor One Touch II, and then to Maxtor One Touch USB Device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom