as5 is like glue!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PZEROFGH said:
Play your favorite game for a few hours, and then take it off that way so the AS5 would heat up and hopefully loosen up and melt a little bit :classic:

but don't burn ur hand haha

lol wouldnt it be funny, when he gets it off he finds out that he actually did put glue on, instead of as5.

try turning the heatsink clockwise and counterclockwise

the simple solution. the way i've seen vf700's mounted this should work. whenever using AS5 on the die of a cpu don't be lazy in your application. the "rice grain" quantity you would use on the IHS (Integrated Heat Spreader, or heatplate) of a cpu is not the way to do it. you add small amounts to the die of the processor and spread it with the edge of a razor. that way you get a very thin layer spread across the die and the razor (with practice) will scrape away the excess. if you try just putting a dab of paste on an exposed die processor and then putting a heatsink on you can cause some serious problems.

yes, well anywho, there was nothing wrong with the application, the stuff just goes hard, but like i said i cant put the card in the comp cos its agp and ive got a pci-e board now, but i heated it with a hairdryer and maganed to yank it off....................but when i did, a timy piece of tha mirrored plate that it sits on chiped off, i dunno what it is http://www.teschke.de/heatpipes/MSI-RX800SE-Zalman-ram-kuhler-gpu-seite-gr.jpg the thing that says ATI...gpu? anywho yea a nity piece like a mm deep and about 1mm long and 1.5mm wide chipped out, will it still wokr??, i just cant test it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom