confused on the pcu compatibilty of my motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

saucy2040

Baseband Member
my current comp i have right now is one i got from a class after school where we built our own comp for $300 and they gave us the parts with that cost. i obviously made upgrades to it since the parts i got werent the best but it still left room for upgrading. the motherboard i got is a Syntax sv400 mainboard (quoting the manual it came with here). i understand how to upgrade everything and build my own stuff good enough but as far as purchasing any cpus for my comp, well thats a different story. i dont know what cpus my motherboard can handle and if it can even handle a dula core cpu. so i guyess my question i have for everyone out there nice enough to read this is if u can tell me what cpus i can put on my motherboard. im looking round the $200 price rang here, maybe a little more. or if my motherbopards old enough to where buying a new cpu woudnt be good enough to spend the money on it till i get a new motherboard. i currently have a AMD 2400+ sempron. thanks a whole lot in advance to any one wit some info.

get a Amd Athlon Xp 2500+, its what i currently have. Its a good processor and can easily be overclocked to 2.2GHz (3200+).

but as of tuesday i will have a athlon 64 3500+. He He cant wait

i have heard of those cpus but what im really wnating to know is what kind of cpus my motherboard can hold. the cpus that were just suggested to me im sure worth it but i dont know if my motherboard is compatible with them and thats what im confused about, what kind of cpus i could buy with my current motherboard. thanbks for the responses too they wont go to waste.

that link u put there caveman didnt work but thankis anyway. i thinkim just gonna rebuild a whole new comp. i got a new case a only a few weeks ago and imn tired of havin a somewhat okay comp. so noiw instead of savin just $300 im save round $800. and when that happens ill be comin back for more advice on the best bang for the buck. thanks alot for the responses. hopin ill be gettin more later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom