Registry Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtmpacygax

Banned
Hi,

I screwed something up in my registry and so I was wondering if someone could go to this place in their registry:
HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1123561945-1417001333-725345543-1003\Software\Microsoft\Search Assistant\ACMru
Can you tell me if you have anything here or is it just ACMru? I think I might have deleted something here. Something like location 0 or something. Well please tell me what is there so I can put it into my registry.

Thanks,
Ted

well I dont have that. What were you trying to do? Do you know how to backup your registry?

it is there but everyones entry for this is different so i found search assistant and it only has one (default) value containing nothing.

I have system restore turned off, so that's out of the picture. I was messing around in my registry because my external hard drive won't show up in My Computer, even though it shows up in Device Manager. I also went to Disk Management and it doesn't show up there either. Nobody in the hardware troubleshooting or building and buying sections responded to my questions, so if you guys know what is going on please help. Also, to make a registry backup don't you just copy the registry and put it in a folder somewhere?

It is USB, and I never saw it in the BIOS. Where do I look in the BIOS for a USB device? Also, I should add that the external hard drive worked before on this computer, until yesterday. Now it just doesn't show up in My Computer. I didn't download anything or install any programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom