oblivion maxed out

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it'd be too good for games, as I hear the Quadros aren't that great for gaming.

It will render like mad though.

The General said:
No it's not... Get two 7950GX2's and stick them in an SLi motherboard, get the beta drivers and you're set.

Yeah, I know... That's what I said.

You'd only get maybe a 40% increase with two 7950GX2's in SLI. According to the benchmarks that one guy showed, that wouldn't get you 200FPS...sorry.

zdude255 said:
http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/07/17/summer_2006_geforce_7_graphics_gear/page14.html

Pretty much on maxed oblivion, outdoors will kill any current card sans the aforementioned god card. Maybe a SLI system will have better performance but that's another issue, especially since the GX2 SLI is only availible in prefabs.

Snake-Eyes said:
I've got an X800XT, everything maxed minus HDR (AA x8 i believe). I get only minimal hiccups and only when either one, about to be loading a new area (ie. opening the sewer door and entering the world map), and when there is a lot of combat.

Display is on 1280x1024. Give me a minute, i'll boot up Oblivion and check my framerates.

Edit: Outdoors, in combat or not, was between 29 and 31 at all times. In the menu, between 59 and 61. In the marketplace with a bunch of people, the lowest i saw was 16.

Edit 2: For the record, anti-aliasing is 6x, not 8. Either way, minus HDR because it's not supported, everything maxed and 1280x1024 pixels, those FPS's i posted in Edit is what i get.

WTF? I keep saying "It is not possible," what is so hard to understand about that? I defined what "maxing out" is to me, and then I said it's not possible, I even repeated myself and CrazyD continues to say that it's not possible and that I am wrong, can you people not read?

My god.

LoL, unless they read the post you responded to telling people to get 2 7950 GTX2's it can be confusing, I just reread it and found the poster you responded to and it makes alot more sense.

The General said:
WTF? I keep saying "It is not possible," what is so hard to understand about that? I defined what "maxing out" is to me, and then I said it's not possible, I even repeated myself and CrazyD continues to say that it's not possible and that I am wrong, can you people not read?

My god.

What isn't possible? 200 FPS? You're right. I never said my system will get 200 FPS, i was just saying that my system maxed (on your terms, the only thing that wouldn't be maxed is resolution of 1600x1200 because my monitor can't handle it), i can still get nice framerates. The main reason why i posted my FPS's, is because of this false comment:
Pretty much on maxed oblivion, outdoors will kill any current card sans the aforementioned god card.

Oh, the AA and AF options are in the Nvidia control panel (or ATi equivalent, go to display settings), not in-game.

if the game does not allow them to be shown how will setting the nVidia drivers allow you to access them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom