Overclocking my AMD 4000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeppelinfan2009

In Runtime
Well i have my amd 4000+ and at stock speeds and stock cooling it runs at 26 celcius idle and load 35 celcius.

How far do you think i should overclock this. Im new to overclocking processor also so any tips would be helpful, thanks!

oh ok. yeah i'm still experimenting too, and am by no means an expert. The basic idea of OCing is to raise your Front Side bus, and keep your system stable. Your FSB is multiplied by your CPU multiplier to give you your total speed. So if your FSB was 210 mhz, and you had a multiplier of 10, your cpu speed would be 2.1ghz. Sometimes you have to raise the voltage given to your cpu to get a faster speed.

That's the basic stuff, other people can get into all the stuff about memory dividers, and so on.

yeah do what ^^^ said. If windows doesn't boot then you know that you have to bump it down, or try raising the voltage a TINY bit. DO NOT raise your voltage from like 1.3 to 1.8. Do it in small increments such as 1.3-1.35, etc.

Some one enlighten me.

Unless I sound crazy, wouldnt the smarter choice be to find the max of your RAM and CPU, and then add them up and find the sweet spot and play with the voltage until you hit that sweet spot?

Thats what I did and it worked beautifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom