XP cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

roisen.dubh

Beta member
I'm interested in making a windows XP cluster, but can't find any information on how to go about building one.

If anyone has any information that might help me, please let me know!

Thanks in advance.

I don't know.

I have 5 XP boxes, and I do a lot of graphics rendering. Any way that I could hook them together in some kind of cluster-form so that they can share heavy computational loads is what I'm looking for. This would certainly not be used for a server, although I'm confused as to what server side means.

A computer cluster is a group of loosely coupled computers that work together closely so that in many respects they can be viewed as though they are a single computer. Clusters are commonly, but not always, connected through fast local area networks. Clusters are usually deployed to improve speed and/or reliability over that provided by a single computer, while typically being much more cost-effective than single computers of comparable speed or reliability.

If you are rendering animation, the poor man's way of doing this is to break up which frames each PC renders. Each PC is still working autonomously, just taking a different chunk of the project.

Easiest way and will save you a big headache in the long run.

Of course, if you're doing other things then I guess this does't help.

Thanks for the information on a cluster. Anyway, I know what a cluster is, but I don't know what "server side" means. I will be doing other stuff with this cluster as well: distributed computing, Video encoding, the like.

Really, I did reasearch for over 3 hours, so I know about all I need to know, exept where to get the software, and how to set it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom