*new* wood case worklog

Status
Not open for further replies.
all done, just gotta fiddle wiv the lights, try get em a bit better, (its not so pink in the flesh)
CRIM0045.jpg

CRIM0050.jpg

CRIM0046.jpg

CRIM0051.jpg

CRIM0052.jpg

that's freaking awesome. just one questions...what's that little built in monitor for? i hope you don't use that as ur screen!!! lmao. anways that's really cool man. i hope you get some good cooling in it (get it some AC lol).

aw shucks, thanks.

it looks so cool at night and the only light comes form the green leds and the cathode, cant get a pic tho :(

the lil monitor is gonna be for displaying temps and the fan speeds, i bought a pci fan cotroller chich has 8 temp sensons attached to it, and 8 slots for fans, so that is hwat is gonna be displayed on the screen...when i hook it up

awsome case, looks great. I've thought about building my own case, I've even come up with designs, but theres always issues I can't seem to think of a solution. Like is your PSU held down by something? Custom mb tray, or take the metal tray one out of another case and secure the tray? How did you secure the pci cards....hd/cdroms? How did you get the curved shape on top, very thin veneer? Since I'm already asking questions, do you notice less noise with it being wood? I liked the air intake, very creative, hidden from view, just awsome. Maybe you should just make a guide :)

its pretty quiet, not like id hoped, i was going for in audible, but somethings humming:mad:

the psu isnt held down, it sits on a shelf, and is screw in place where a psu normally is, the mb tray i ripped out an old case, and glued blocks to the wooden case, the screwed the mobo tray to them, pci cards was a pain, if i want to add or remove one i have to take out the whole mobo, cos they get wedged, HD is suspended in hairbands to reduce vibrations, cd drive just sits on a tray, same as psu. curved top is built up of 3 layers of 0.8mm birch ply. that answer ya Q's:D

You found screws long enough to go though plywood and then thread in the psu? Where, what size, and type? Well anyway thanks for answering my questions, brings me a little closer to doing something similiar. lol at the hairband, but it probably beats the h out of the rubber gromits that I'll probably use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom