New Fan layout idea for top airflow

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordo_99

Daemon Poster
ok i'm gonna try and post some pics i drew in paint to explain. It might be a little hard to understand but i'll try my darndest.

well i hope this helps

basically there'd be a bunch of low powered intake fans in the optical, top, and side and then 2 powerful ones in the back to push everything forward. there'd also be powerful ones in the front and side (near front to pull hot air out).

i thought that this would help to keep the motherboard cooler rather than have the harddrives heat up intake air before it gets to the HD. (that's pretty much the idea to this)

all comments welcome

well...would'nt work well with CNPS Zalman Users. The Top intake is nice tho. I have the top (reverse blowhole) blowing air to the CPU HSF and the VGA HSF. I also have a fan on the lower front of the case blowing in air. My exhaust are 2x 120mm fans (Back exhaust and PSU exhaust. Works great. Keeps my Pent D 805 @3.6ghz at well below 48C on a 93 F 86% Humidity Day and with no Air Conditioning AT ALL.

GreenTeaBagger said:
well...would'nt work well with CNPS Zalman Users. The Top intake is nice tho. I have the top (reverse blowhole) blowing air to the CPU HSF and the VGA HSF. I also have a fan on the lower front of the case blowing in air. My exhaust are 2x 120mm fans (Back exhaust and PSU exhaust. Works great. Keeps my Pent D 805 @3.6ghz at well below 48C on a 93 F 86% Humidity Day and with no Air Conditioning AT ALL.

yeah i'm not really thinking of doing this w/ my current rig. just an idea for the future. i just realized that the PSU would be pulling air out too so idk how that'd work either. i'm sure this would work fine w/ the front for intake and the back for exhaust like almost everybody else's fan layouts. i just thought today...hmm...harddrives are warming up my air before it gets to my CPU and GPU...**** those HD's

I can't tell by your picture but is the video card getting any air at all? by that design I mean.

Well if your thinking air is getting warmed by harddrives you can isolate the harddrives and dump the air out the right side, this is sticking with traditional airflow designs. Then add a new intake on the left side blowing air under the video card to get the air to that card. That wouldn't be hard to do and could be contructed on your current machine really. All it would entail is making a box that fits around the fan/harddrive bays, vents on the rightside, and an intake on the left side.

Or you could relocate the harddrive bays to the top of the case in front of the PSU..... If you have the space and the ability to do so.

haha yeah. i wasn't really expecting it to work too well. just an idea i ran w/ and wanted to get some comments on. thanks guys. i now KNOW it sucks...haha

vaderpro said:
Hot air rises. Thus the intakes should be low, and the exhaust fans high.

BAH! Kinda wierd cause my temps rise 5 Celcius with my Blowhole acting as an exhaust...=( WTF IS WRONG WITH MY HOT AIR! THE PUNK WON'T FOLLOW THE RULES!

GreenTeaBagger said:
BAH! Kinda wierd cause my temps rise 5 Celcius with my Blowhole acting as an exhaust...=( WTF IS WRONG WITH MY HOT AIR! THE PUNK WON'T FOLLOW THE RULES!

yeah i've heard that too. that's why i was gonna have it as intake...oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom