300gb IDE or 80gb SATA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd use both but use the smaller one for windows and installs only, then the 300Gb for storage, movies, downloads, music.

Boot up takes along time with bigger hardrives so it will speed things up a bit and organize things better.

Bad thing is that my dad wants to use one of em cause the dell we currently have doesn't had a harddrive. Performance or Storage.....which one would you choose? Wuts the performance gap on the drives anyway? how much faster would the SATA drive perform compared the the ATA one?

None unless you using raid or transfering files between hard drives.

Or if you just want to use sata cables which are so nice to use. Despite this, im still in the stone age with the good ol ide

Anyways... id go for the 300gb

(thats a lot of pron :D)

aspire.comptech said:
None unless you using raid or transfering files between hard drives.

Or if you just want to use sata cables which are so nice to use. Despite this, im still in the stone age with the good ol ide

Anyways... id go for the 300gb

(thats a lot of pron :D)

lol i hear ya brother! Besides..I have these cool UV reactive rounded IDE's anyways...

ya I would go with the 300 too, just because that is a **** of a lot of storage.

instead of just putting dvds in to watch them you could keep them on you HD LOL

that is what I do.

can't raid 0 2 different hard drives that aren't the same interface, same size, and pref. same kind and model..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom