video card for 56' tv

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think he means using the VGA out on his video card like using a monitor. Do what aliasaid said and use the Component out.

If it's an HDTV, then chances are it has a DVI input, and will work exactly like a regular computer monitor.

I think he means his tv has a vga connection like a computer monitor. Some HDTV have that. So wouldn't he just wanna use that.

Yeah, if his TV has a VGA or a DVI connetion, use either of the two, but don't use composite or s-vidia, or componant as they suck.

Uh, VGA and DVI don't look any different.

And analog =/= bad.

Vinyl records still sound the best, over any HD-SUPER-HI-DEF-DIGITAL-THX sound system any day of the weak.

VGA will look exactly the same as DVI, but if DVI is an option, use it.

I am assuming that either his video card does not have DVI out, or the TV doesn't have a DVI input. With that assumption, the VGA connection is is best option.

Now, that video card is more than capable in running your TV's resolution. All you need to do is find the proper resolution on your video card settings.

BTW, if you are going to buy a new card, AND your TV has a DVI input, make sure you get a card with DVI out and use that.

if the resolution for the card is not available in the settings page, click advanced, go to adapter, then click list all modes...**** even my card has 1280 * 1024 (32 bit) 60hz and 1280 * 960 (32bit) 60hz(this is on a 2005 3dfuzion geforce mx4000) then on my other card(2000 3dfx voodoo3) i get all the way up to 1600 * 1200(32bit)60 hz, and widescreen, 1600 * 1024(32bit) 60hz...who wold thing an older card can kick a newer cards *** in screen resolutions? o and i got the 3dfx voodoo3 for free from my school!!! dumbasses....

The General said:
Uh, VGA and DVI don't look any different.

And analog =/= bad.

Vinyl records still sound the best, over any HD-SUPER-HI-DEF-DIGITAL-THX sound system any day of the weak.

VGA will look exactly the same as DVI, but if DVI is an option, use it.

DVI makes the picture clearer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom