oblivion maxed out

Status
Not open for further replies.

bum

In Runtime
Simple question: as far as graphics cards are concerned, what is the bare minimum to max out oblivion?

And for the record its for a friend not me (I'm totally cool with cheaper cards).:p

I don't think you can max out Oblivion and still get a good frames per second yet, maybe in a few months with G80 and R600, but I think all that HDR stuff really slows things down, oh and if you want AA and AF, thats out of the question, you can't.

But if you want the best of the best, get two Geforce 7950GX2's.

two slightly different answers...

Anyone like you know... actually done it and can say for sure.

well i mean oblivion is known for its amaziung grass and self shadows and HDR...so once u take those out..ughm...yea

You try using a 9800XT and turn the grass and self shadows on. First of all the shadows look like crap becasue of SM2.0 and the grass lags you down. Now you you can leave all that on w/ the 7800GS and even have HDR on. 9800XT dosent support HDR either, so yea. Turn the grass off, self shadows option off and then you can max everything out on a 9800XT.

well, in my experience, i can handle inside towns and cities fine with my 9800 pro, but when i get inside or into a fight, it goes to lag ****.

He may have maxed it out, but probably at a low resolution like 1024x768, I wouldn't consider it "maxing out" a game unless its running at at least 1600x1200.

I've got an X800XT, everything maxed minus HDR (AA x8 i believe). I get only minimal hiccups and only when either one, about to be loading a new area (ie. opening the sewer door and entering the world map), and when there is a lot of combat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom