as5 is like glue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyness

Baseband Member
help me here people, im tryin to get the v700cu off my old 6800, and i cant budge it, i dunno why the as5 i put on a few months ago seems to have solidifyed and its rock solid, i cant put it back in my comp as its agp and ive got pci-e now??

You've put way too much of it probably and applied it too thickly, when that happens the upper layer turns like glue, I had the same problem here, I just pulled harder and at some point it disconnected from the cpu..[the heatsink]

-Jo.

Play your favorite game for a few hours, and then take it off that way so the AS5 would heat up and hopefully loosen up and melt a little bit :classic:

PZEROFGH said:
Play your favorite game for a few hours, and then take it off that way so the AS5 would heat up and hopefully loosen up and melt a little bit :classic:

He could also run Prime95 to get the chip nice and toasty.

PZEROFGH said:

rofl, yeah do what he said thats a much safer way to do it than what I suggested, though when I had that problem I could care less if the chip/socket was broken while pulling the heatsink..

-Jo.

If it's possible, try turning the heatsink clockwise and counterclockwise. Won't do any damage to the GPU, might loosen up the paste if it's one of those vaccum seals that keep the HSF stuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom