How does this setup sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shando

In Runtime
As I've mentioned in other topics, I'm in the process of building a new computer. I would just like to run you guys through what I'm putting into it, and would like your opinions, and I would also like to make sure that all the components are 100% compatible

Motherboard - MSI K9N Platinum nForce 570

CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+ 2.20GHz(Socket AM2)

RAM - Corsair 2GB DDR2 Value Select PC5300 Dual Channel Kit (2x1GB)

Graphics Card - BFG GeForce 7900 GT OC 256MB

HDD - Western Digital Caviar SE16 320GB 3200KS SATA-II 16MB Cache

Case - CoolerMaster Ammo 533 Aluminum

LCD - OcUK Value Hanns-G HC194D 19" LCD Monitor

Keyboard - Logitech G15

Mouse - Logitech G5

Optical Drives - Asus DRW-1608P3S 16x16 DVD±RW Dual Layer ReWriter (Black)

All in all, this comes to just under £1000. I haven't included a power supply yet, as I haven't made my mind up as to which PSU I'm going to buy. Thanks

~Shando

Looks great, should do you good, 1000Euro? Thats alot of money for that setup though.......how much is the monitor alone?

BTW I'd sugget an ATI X1900XT which is more costy but is alot stronger than th 7900gt

-Jo.

If you go for the ATI card you'll need an Ati board too.

Lol some guy acouple weeks ago didn't see why matching chipsets was important, so thats why I point out the obvious.

You might as well save some money and get an X2 3800 as it has the same 512 KB L2 cache as the 4200. The slight clock difference can easily be made up with overclocking.

bum said:
If you go for the ATI card you'll need an Ati board too.

Lol some guy acouple weeks ago didn't see why matching chipsets was important, so thats why I point out the obvious.

not true

-Edit- Ignore what I wrote here incase you wrote it.

If a mod sees this please erase this reply ;) thanks,

-Jo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom