Huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanP

Baseband Member
DAM computer!!!
Tis Was working fine, went to watch a film and left it on, now i cant get anything on the monitor i've tried a different monitor which i know works also i tried a differnet graphics card, what could have gone wrong in the space of two hours while doing nothing!

Ok so this is what happened in more details, come back after watching my film, turned the screen on nothing there so i restarted everything came up went to log in....then blank screen and nothing, aint worked since!

Sounds like something happened to your video card... Try rebooting in safe mode and go into control panel and try to reinstall the drivers.

Hello,

Try powering up the system, and before the Windows XP splash screen (the loading screen) hit F8, then select Enable VGA Mode then press Enter.

OOHH, i've had to do the "Enable VGA Mode" took me about two hours to figure that out, and i was about to smash my computer.

It deffinetly sounds like the video card, maybe even the motherboard, what type of socket is the video card? PCI-E or AGP? and check to make sure the socket the video card is in isn't moving or anything (don't apply to much pressure), if it is then your board is bad

I cant boot into safe mode becasue i cant see anything, i cant even see the post screen just blank, the motherboard is only a few days old (i dont think theres anything wrong with it becasue it was working fine).

I've also tried a new graphics card and still nothing so i dont think its a graphics card issue.

Take out your video-card and turn on your computer. You should hear a bunch of annoying beeps. If you do, then BIOS is recognizing that you have no video-card (this is a good thing). Put the video-card back in, and take all the RAM out and do it again. It should beep again when you turn it on.

If it beeps, then it is PROBALLY either a RAM issue, or a CPU issue. If it doesn't beep, it's likely that the mobo is the problem.

Sometimes parts break before they're even out of the box, so don't assume something isn't wrong with something just because it is new.

Graphics card is built in! Im not saying it wont be broke becasue its new, im saying it wont be broke becasue it was working then it stopped!
P.s. Dont mean to sound rude with that statement

Ok quick update, pulled out the RAM turned on and nothing no beeps....so im guessing the mobo is gone! Any suggestions, could there be a component doing this because its similar to my last pc problem?

Help me!? Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom