Game retarts computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
What would cause Flatout 2 to retart the pc as soon as I click the icon with no warning at all.

Specs are x800gto 16 pipes 440/1080
p4 3.08ghz
1gb ram
55gb wd
120gb maxtor
sony dvd/cd reader
430w thermaltake psu

All other games work fine, just this one giving issues.

sounds like a video card problem try updating the drivers. does it crash after the graphics card changes the resolution?

Edit: the reason this game could fail and not others is because one could be using opengl instead of directx but im not posotive on that one just update the drivers see if that helps and if not let me know

I mean I double click Icon and right after I let go of second click it restarts. Only game but I guess video drivers would be worth a try if everyone agrees with it.

Ok im trying now.

hmmmm very strange update the drivers but if that doesnt help this right after double click restart is starange check that the shortcut does infact link to the game and does not have any arguments or switches that arent needed.

EDIT: be back in an hour ill check on you.

Ok I checked icon and it goes to right place. Does same **** on icon in dir. **** I uninstalled video drivers and restarted and now my computer keeps restarting when it gets to windows log-in window. **** IT!

ok if it started restarting after u just did the driver update roll back ur drivers go to device manager > display adapters > right click properties > driver tab > roll back drivers. if that doesnt work then do a system restore once you stop the computer from restarting we can worry about your game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom