DX10 cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
if they pulled support for ati then they would be highly retarted..

if wouldnt matter anyway i dont thinkg, u got a pci-e slot the card will work :)

I believe if they were to remove full driver functionality the card would perform like crap, but the crossfire statement makes sense.

i don't think video cards depend on cpu.. as long as the motherboard supports it and the OS supports it...

no you have to have drivers. cause when I erase the drivers from my system to install newones. It scrolls at like 1 FPS, and the resolution looks like crap.

ya but thats software.. and intel doesn't make those drivers.. the drivers would be how the hardware communicates with the software... and, as far as i know, has nothing to do with the actual cpu. if in theory you could fit a different brand cpu in the same socket, it wont' matter whether its intel or other brand because it won't affect it.. just like now.. if you switch out processors, it will have no affect on video card performance.. anyways.. i'm just guessing..

No what he means is the motherboard/chipset drivers. Those in turn have NOTHING to do w/ the video card. Your only un-installing your support in XP for the PCI-E itself, not the card. Lose your bandwidth from the slot and support for it then of course its going to run like ISA. What INtel CAN do though is have no more chipsets that support Crossfire becasue you DO have to have hardware support for that on a board just like SLI. So in tern, no support for ATI Crossfire. Like somebody did say though, if you have the slot it supports it. THe onyl way Intel can take that away from you is not giving you a PCI-E slot driver and that will take away everything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom