Hardware instalation Problem, I need help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

googooly

Solid State Member
Hi there

Recently I have upgraded my PC with some new kits: Asus motherboard, ADM 64
3200, ATI RADEON X1900(HIS Excalibar) Graphic card PCI Express and a 430 power suply. But as soon as I turn the computer on I get this wierd ERROR in blue background. I have the taken picture of the error and I'll give you the link to have a look at it and tell me what can be the problem.

Could this be a hardware problem or just some technichal issue?

here are the links:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/Trooperr/DSC05101.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/Trooperr/DSC05100.jpg

I will be so happy if someone out there could help me as this upgrade has costed me alot of money and im not really happy at the moment.

P.s this is my brother pc im posting this.

cheers.

is there an extra power connection on your video card ?
are you going to install xp fresh or use an install of xp from your old system ?

by that do you mean if my video card requier a power connection?if so, then yes. it connects to the powersuply.

The thing is when I first set up the PC after I bought all those gears, I did manage to install the windows XP fine without any problem, then as soon as I installed Graphic card driver I got some Technical error with blue background(like the on in the screenie but difrent title to them).

Then after that My pc won't even load to windows XP now, I just get that error as soon as I turn the PC on...just before its going to load windows XP.

Ste said:
You Need To boot off your windows XP Disc and Run a repair Installation.

Here is some information that might help:

When I first set up my new PC I installed a new Windows XP. First everything was fine and I had no problem for like a day. next day I turned my PC on then suddenly I got this wierd Error with blue background( The error title changes often though). I couldn't load windows anyhow, so I had to uninstall the windows again and install it again, this time I got the windows working but AS SOON AS I installed the graphic card driver I got the Error again. Now the windows won't even load up. I get this Error all the time before the windows start up.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I get this Error EVEN when I'm reinstall the windows, It just happens randomly during the windows installation. Could this be any help towards a clue of what could be wrong?

Someone on some other forum suggested this to me:
"Stop 0x000000A5" Error When You Are Installing Windows XP.

To work around this behavior, manually install the Standard PC hardware abstraction layer (HAL) [as follows]:
1. Restart the computer to restart Setup.
2. When Setup starts again, press F7 (not F6) when you see the "Press F6 if you need to install a third-party SCSI or RAID driver" screen.
Windows automatically disables the installation of the ACPI HAL and installs the Standard PC HAL.

I did exactly what it said in there, but this time I got difrent error which is this:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...rr/DSC05102.jpg

Anyone got any Idea what could be the problem?

I did manage to install the windows somhow, but after windows was installed, it requierd a reboot, did the reboot then again just befoer windows loading up I got this error:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/Trooperr/DSC05103.jpg

now what could this be?

Could this problem be due to my power supply not being good enough? Becuase on my graphic card manual it says the recommandation of power supply is 450w and mine is 430, could this effect the system? should I get a new and better power supply?

thanks everyone for all the help sofar.

no the error means that a program tried to acces area set aside for winxp. you might have ram that is going bad or a hd. Make sure your processor fan turns and turns freely. could be the power supply, but not in the way you are thinking. If the PS did not produce enough power the pc would not power on.

Nah, sounds like your tracking system is throughing out error strings down the modem bus. You need to hold down the 'TAB' key when powering up the PC. This will send a '0100100' through the tracking system, fixing the problem. Sound like you might need a new power supply too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom