Overclocking my fx-53 :-\ 56k beware!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually if your only changing the fsb you dont need to really mess with the cpu voltage however when you raise the multiplyer you really have to mess with the cpu voltage alot

Stock on it is 200mhz and 12x multi

then why don't you put it back down to stock, and then raise fsb.. i found the hard way that lower multiplier with higher fsb seems to yield nicer results... which is why my old opteron 146 at 2.6 ghz out did a fx57 in just about everything

anywho, i may try to overclock my friends fx57 this later on today.. so i'll get back to you on that one.. he's also got water cooling, so it should yield similar results

It doesnt like higher fsb, nor does it like upped multiplyer

Generally it isnt the greatest oc'er in the world

Just an FYI if you're having stability issues AMD64s do not like using .5x increments on the multipliers

And 1.8vcore is wayyy too much, although you do have an FX-53 based on Clawhammer which can handle slightly higher voltage than the newer RevE cores, AMD64 memory controller has been known to fry at 1.7v so I certainly hope you aren't keeping that 24/7 settings

especially with a 300MHz overclock 1.8v is downright crappy as you're looking at a .4v increase in vcore or less than 100MHz per .1v

My motherboard doesnt offer .5 multi increments, so thats not a problem

But yeah, its not 24/7

and it did get alot cooler lately so i may try oc'in again today

well I'm thinkin of upgrading to a dual core soon.....so my CPU might be for sale.

12 hour prime stable @ 1.5 vcore :) it's a fast little single core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom