motherboard... sticky? [literally]

Status
Not open for further replies.
faek said:
well, when touching the back some residue came with me of course. scientific method, ya know, to see if it's acidic, sweet, tasteless.. poison... so went with my brash intuition and sampled it a bit. it was acidic/sour but not saying it's some kind of acid either, i don't know what the heck it is. if i die soon, i guess we'll be closer to knowing

lol theres what they teach us in school.... and then theres what we actually hear.

heh, well i knew it wasn't "smart" or the thing to do, but i was curious anyway. it was fun :eek: .

this situation concludes with me sending the dirty mobo back to newegg, w/ free shipping for a replacement. the only thing i lost out on is time [which at this point is actually a decent factor..] but it could have been worse. ASUS tech support confirmed that this is a odd situation and my board should be nothing like it is. i'm sending it out tomorrow morning and hope i'm luckier next time..

sorry, the pics didn't capture it well enough. the strange stuff was only visible in the pics if some light was not reflected when it should be from the board... it did, ironically enough, look like beer residue Nos..

A while ago I watched how they make mobos on tv. after they get done sodering everything they buff it. This sticky substance my actualy be buffing compound. Maybe you should go buy a stick of rubbing compound and taste it, see if they taste the same.

lol Im jkin, but that could be what the substance is :)

hahaha.. good thinkin. I'll look into it, just because that stuff was so weird. Didn't look like it was meant to be buffed, but who knows.

I just got the RMA confirmation email saying they received the sticky product and are replacing it. I've debated it and think I will upgrade to the M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless model.. the wireless could come in handy for me and I hope the chipset makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom