motherboard... sticky? [literally]

Status
Not open for further replies.

faek

Baseband Member
Alright, so I'm super excited getting all my parts in the mail yesterday [newegg], especially on a friday, my last day of work, and a payday. Upon inspection of the parts, I notice that the back of my mobo is almost totally covered in a sticky coating. It's an ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe [AM2]. I noticed there's a couple of fingerprints on near the edges of the front side too, which added to my skepticism. I tried to research it but didn't have any luck. So i've got no idea what's going on... do you?

I'll try and upload some pics soon.. I don't think they'll pick it up too well though.

hum, not yet. guess i could do that while i try to figure this stuff out. wait, they only operate M-F standard hours so I don't think that'll work. I'll try but really know..

I probably will resend, in the end... has anybody even heard of this problem before/encountered anything like it thought? I'm also just wondering if this is a one in a million thing or if anyone knows what this goo could possibly be.. it doesn't come off when you touch it, but could if you use something damp I think [which I haven't tried for obvious reasons]

I would say have a good look at the capacitors and see if there is one leaking but it could be anything like someone spilt coffe of it. lol

everything on it looks perfect except for that strange stickyness.. it's almost like peeling off a giant sticker and leaving the adhesive gunk behind. Except it tastes worse, much worse :dead:

well, when touching the back some residue came with me of course. scientific method, ya know, to see if it's acidic, sweet, tasteless.. poison... so went with my brash intuition and sampled it a bit. it was acidic/sour but not saying it's some kind of acid either, i don't know what the heck it is. if i die soon, i guess we'll be closer to knowing

ok, ASUS confirmed it... they don't know what it is at all. "Should NOT" be there to quote. So either get the motherboard replaced, or get the next model up?? [now that I have everything else, I know I can afford the upgrade.

CURRENT:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131013

UPGRADE:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131011

Anybody have it? I'm wondering if the 590 chipset is worth the upgrade... these boards seem to have compatibility issues w/ a percentage of consumers worth mentioning. Any input appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom