a computer im getting soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol.. those parts, here in canada, would cost me around CAD$1400 so in the states it would probably be closer to $1100-$1200.. sorry bud, you got ripped off. (unless you got a 40 inch LCD included.. well then you got a good deal :p )

build it or get it off a cheap site like www.cyberpowerpc.com
you should be able to customize one very similiar to that w/o a monitor for around 2200.

only problem...i don't think they've got the X2 5000 on there. but a X2 4600 isn't too shabby either.

also, consider looking at the 7950 models (basically SLI but in one card.) it's cheaper.

why must you try and convert people to intel when they obviously want an AMD, CONROE is going to be good for overclocking, and most people you tell to get a CONROE probably don't know how to overclock.

which frankly i'm getting tired of hearing about CONROE, but just imagine, AMD will smash intel again in a year or two, once CONROE is old, i mean come one look at the past

lol..

conroe doesn't have to be overclocked to be good... it just happens to be really good, and really overclockable...

you're tired of hearing about conroe? you want us to rave about slower technology? when/if AMD comes up with a newer better chip than the conroe, or w/e else intel coems out with, then i'm sure most of us will be more than happy to recommend AMD.. since i believe most ppl here are more AMD fans than intel...

Well Alienware is good if you like throwing away money for a pre built. If you have any idea at all, or have any will to learn, build your own. You could get those same parts for probably a little over a grand USD. If you really have the money to spend and aren't really willing to give building a go then I'd say go for the Alienware, just explore your other options first before you throw up all that money. 3 grand is alot of money to play games.

"you want us to rave about slower technology? "

yes, i don't care about faster crap like conroe, it's just overkill, for anything on the market, i mean, you can get away with an Athlon64 3200+ and do good for the next year, but the people with the money can go on and build their fancy water cooled conroe machines and watch it be outdated in a month

I'll agree with you there man, I'm running a 3 year old machine and I can play most any game I throw at it. I'd be perfectly happy building a new socket 939 PC, Especially with the prices on AMD's processors being so low.

well, if you look around, AMD is still recommended more than intel. people with higher budgets we recommend conroe.. people with modest budgets we're still pushing the X2's and for low end the AMD single cores...

you have really no basis to be hating on conroe.. you should accept conroe, willingly or unwillingly!!!!!!!!!! (don't choose unwillingly, because that route could be very painful for you)

Lol I kinda dislike conroe as well. I mean I'm sure its nice and all, but making the switch from a pentium to my opteron was the best decision of my life. I wouldn't have a problem with conroe and would just accept it, but now we've got people saying AMD is done for and stuff like that, when they still make great parts and as long as you can live with not having the fastest **** possible you can save alot of money and still be happy.

aliasaid said:
well, if you look around, AMD is still recommended more than intel. people with higher budgets we recommend conroe.. people with modest budgets we're still pushing the X2's and for low end the AMD single cores...

Thats a good policy, but not always what happens. I don't think we always give that message. Like acouple of my friends want me to build them new rigs and I flat out tell them Conroe is the best thing out there, but they can save alot of money and still be happy with AMD or even old intel if they aren't gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom