First Problem EVER......!! D: Gets Formatted Everytime

Status
Not open for further replies.

little_emmynem

In Runtime
This is very uhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am running windows xp professional. I once only formatted my C: drive and along dont know how with it the D: drive got formatted. My dad's Technical analyst program was installed on it. They take Rs.400 ($20 again for re installation.) My dad would kill me because this has happened Two times. And only D: gets formatted.

PLEASE FIND A solution quickly to it!!!!!
first time the data was recovered by using a data recovery program but now that too is not happening.

PLEASE SAVE me or else i will be dead!!!!!!!

Replace the Hard Disk Immediately. Your FAT (File Allocation Table) of your Hard Disk is corrupted. Or Try a LOW LEVEL FORMAT FOR THE SAME.

Chances are, Windows XP Pro, he's not using FAT32, and he's using NTFS.

The data is gone, buy him an external harddrive and tell him it's his fault he didn't backup his data.

This is not your problem, it is his.

The General said:

The data is gone, buy him an external harddrive and tell him it's his fault he didn't backup his data.

Would you tell your dad this as he is standing there with his belt in his hand?lol.

What is happening exactly? Are you re-installing windows XP and it is formatting both C: and D: or what is triggering the reformat?hmm if a data recovery program cant retrieve the data you may be out of luck. Usually you can recover data from a drive that has been formatted many times..but if you cant something funky may be going on with that drive. How old is it?

The General said:

I agree with the General, People think its up to us the PC repair tech's to "SAVE" their data and its our fault if they lose anything. Back up your data FFS. With the price of storage so low there is no excuse!!

The General said:

You have a choice of either when you install XP. As to why this is happening, is your D drive spanned to your C drive to make it appear as one big drive?

you could try Recover My Files to recover it. also run a check disk on the drive and if it comes back with alot of errors trash the drive but if it doesnt try a low level format I use Powermax that EricB recommended to me. it rewrites every sector on the harddrive with 0's as if it where new.

my Hard disk is Samsung SP0822N and its new. about only a month has passed. And whenever i format my C: drive for Windows installation, D: drive also gets formatted.

at the same time but after installation windows, antivirus found 32 viruses. Could the virus have knocked down the Data???????? well thanx for the support ......

any suggestion and tips are most welcomed

If he gets a belt threaten to call child services lol (you may not want to actually do it) hitting a kid with a belt is child abuse, spanking them is one thing, a belt is something else IMO.

i would still run a checkdisk on the drive to make sure its still good and that this doesnt happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom