video card for 56' tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixmastertoy

Beta member
Good Afternoon,

I understand that pc monitors and tv's are made with different resolutions.

My question to anyone out there is I just bought a JVC HD56G786 56 Inch Rear Projection D-ILA HDTV. I want to hook up my PC into this through the VGA slot. I hooked up my one computer with a 6600gt card and I only got a picture on the tv that was not widescreen.

Is there a video card out there that I can use that will project in widescreen on my tv. I understand that it still may not be the whole screen still but I would like it to be most of it. I will be watching movies off of it and other things to that nature.

Thanks for your help,

Jeff

I am looking for a card that is right around the 100 to 150 dollar range.
What about the Radeon X850 Pro 256MB AGP? Would that one work? or do you have any other suggestions.

Thanks again!

Any AGP 6xxx series card will work. You don't need to spen a lot of money. You just need to find the card with a TV Out.

This would be perfect:

XFX GeForce 6800 Xtreme / 256MB GDDR3 / AGP 8x / Dual DVI / HDTV

Umm, any video card with a DVI output and has drivers that aren't would work.

Plug it in and set the resolution to 1280x720, my 6600gt had this resolution, so I see no reason that yours wouldn't.

It's just a monitor, there is nothing special about a TV vs. a monitor, in fact, that TV is lower res than most monitors.

Don't let Yoad fool you into spending money that doesn't need to be spent, he's on that misconseption that HDTV's require a powerful video card, and that HDTV is more than it really is.

Please Check for the Video Out Settings in the Properties of Display Card. And also select the option of Strech Video

No, you never want to stretch video.

Right click on the desktop and go to Properties, then go to the Settings tab, there is a resolution selector there, slide it to 1280x720 and you're good to go.

Stretching video and cropping vide is always bad.

ya your 6600gt is more than capable. you probably have that adapter where you can connect via component video, right? i would recommend connecting your HDTV through that, rather than "vga slot" .. as i'm not sure what you mean by that.

if you don't get proper help here, take a look at audio/video forums... they get asked this question millions of times... they'll know the answer before you ask the question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom