Arctic Cooling 7800GTX Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

C1!m@t3

Baseband Member
Hey guys,

Just the other day I bought this and i'm actually fitting it now, and i'm up to the stage where i've removed the stock heatsink and fan, and that i've lightly screwed on the new cooler.
In the manual for it, it says:
Board with memories at the back
Detach the thermal pads from the paper, stick them onto the backside memories of the graphic board and peel off the protection film. In case the film doesn't come off easily, a citter can help.

Now the memories I assume are the little black square pads?
I understand how to put the new ones on, but they've supplied me with 8 square pads, do i just put the 4 on where the old ones were, or do i put another one next to it (it looks like there's space available)

Sorry it's very hard to describe.
If needed i can take some pictures later.

Thanks

I guess someone with more expreience with the card could help you out, but if you put pictures I guess I could see better of what you are talking about.

Wait sorry mate, did what you said and got someone to help me out :)

Thanks

- Climate

yes, the memory chips are the black squares (on the card itself)
C1!m@t3 said:
Now the memories I assume are the little black square pads?
I understand how to put the new ones on, but they've supplied me with 8 square pads, do i just put the 4 on where the old ones were, or do i put another one next to it (it looks like there's space available)[/B]
you mean there are thermal pads on there already, and you want to put new ones over the top?
if that's the case then no, you remove the old thermal pads before putting on the new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom