Hard Drive LED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I checked the wire and it is in the correct spot and position. The HDD LED wire goes in the IDE LED spot right?

Yeah. I was working on something last night and I had to take those cables out. I plugged them back in according to the manual, but I couldn't remember how I originally had them in. The Power and Reset button both work, but the HDD LEDs don't work anymore. I think I put them in backwards. Maybe it only works when it's in backwards? Did you try switching it?

xtmpacygax said:
Really, when I first plugged all my wires in I plugged them in backwards. If that is what is wrong with my HDD LED, then I am glad it is the only one that got broken. It would suck if my Power Switch or Reset Switch got broken.

Na those arn't going to break like that, those are just switches. LED's have a resistor on the power side, so when you reverse the resistor is on the ground. I don't know why this kills the led, maybe it kills the resistor. All I know is none of my led's work regardless of how I plug them in anymore. For a better answer I'd need to experiment. Till now I never actually thought of doing something about it.

Thanks guys. I flipped the wire around and now the LED works. It is wierd though how it is the only wire having the name facing downward, while the names of all the rest of the wires in my case face upward to the top of my case.

xtmpacygax said:
Thanks guys. I flipped the wire around and now the LED works. It is wierd though how it is the only wire having the name facing downward, while the names of all the rest of the wires in my case face upward to the top of my case.
Same with me, it seems stupid. Glad you fixed the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom