cd/dvd rom drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

erock

Baseband Member
hi i have a cd rw drive that came in my computer and i have installed a dvdr drive in my computer also. My dvdr drive works flawlessly, on the other hand my stock cd drive quit reading cds a while ago it reads dvds fine and i cant figure out why at all, it just stopped reading cds all of a sudden i was really hoping someone could help. thanks

hello, is the cdrom drive not reading or not opening a cd ?
put in a data cd, in win explorer click on the cd drive, see if you see any folderd.

ive tried that, nothing happens, when i put in a cd with music or data on it the icon doesnt change for the drive, once putting a cd in i try to click the icon to open the cd, i get an error saying that the drive is not accessable and it says incorrect funtion, when i put a dvd in it, it reads the dvd no problem at all

try the same thing , a cd , windows explorer, click the cd drive, only this time from safe mode ( reboot , when the first glimmer of coming back on start taping the F8 key)

i tried and stopped the startup becaues im not comfortable with messing around with my computer like that so i was wondering if there was another way to tell what the problem might be? if not i will try again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom