feedback on this gaming rig plz

Status
Not open for further replies.
gurusan said:
yeah...and an E6600 will provide better performance
Oh, by the way he said it I thought he was talking about getting a GeForce 6600. Instead of buying both an expensive processor and graphics card and saving money by buying a cheaper card. My bad.

when do the next amd cpus come out? i would really like to stick to amd even if i take a small performance hit and when do the 8 series nvidia gpus come out?

being a fan of a brand is not an excuse to be blowing so much money. if there's no way of you getting a conroe, then i suggest getting a 4600+ ... at least its got a lot better value, and close in performance with the FX62

edit: well it seems like the 4600+ is better value here in canada than in the US.. or maybe its just newegg...

Ov3RBliK1 said:
Oh, by the way he said it I thought he was talking about getting a GeForce 6600. Instead of buying both an expensive processor and graphics card and saving money by buying a cheaper card. My bad.

ahhh now I see. geforce 6600 lol

aliasaid: im not worried about the price as much as i am the performance. i want the best processor i can find(preferably amd) that will last me the longest and i dont want to step down just so i can overclock back up. i want my processor to be amazing right out of the box.

thats very odd..

its like refusing to drive a BMW because you prefer volkswagon

If you want the very best processor and dont care how many bucks you will gonna throw out, then get the Intel Core 2 Duo Extreme X6800, the flagship of the new Intel processors. $1000.

But if you're really an AMD fanboy like I am, then get AMD Athlon X2 4600+ AM2 with a high end board and wait till AMD release their own 65nm processors.

infernus said:
If you want the very best processor and dont care how many bucks you will gonna throw out, then get the Intel Core 2 Duo Extreme X6800, the flagship of the new Intel processors. $1000.

But if you're really an AMD fanboy like I am, then get AMD Athlon X2 4600+ AM2 with a high end board and wait till AMD release their own 65nm processors.

I would really like to stick to amd and wait like you said. Do you know when the 65nm processors are supposed to arrive?

what the **** is up with this 4600 bull crap?? 1mb cache compaired to 4400 and 4800's 2mb cache!! please for god sakes! request a 4400 or 4800!!! but yes..

anyway, whiteflame.. i know what you mean wanting performance out of the box.. and you guys swear the fx 62 is just horrible.. its not, its probably better than what any of you have.. and you know what, in real life situation you won't notice or care about the difference anyway.. because it is still fast!!!

and you about the bmw thing... i'd rather drive a brand new corvette zo6 than i would a lamborghini murcielago... people just prefer different things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom