Big Typhoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

magouster

Daemon Poster
Hi guys,

Does anyone have a TT Big Typhoon installed on a DFI LanParty Ultra-D? I'm ordering either today or tommorow, but I don't want to buy the wrong cooler. And the Thermaltake website is absolutely horrible, can't find a motherboard compatibility list anywhere! Please help me out!

Oh yeah, is it worth buying the Typhoon, or should I just get the Zalman CNPS9500. I'm not worried about noise, I just want to get the best cooler for overclocking my soon to be purchased X2 4400+! :D And I know the Zalman will fit, just not sure about clearance issues with the Typhoon.

Nevermind, after searching for 2 hours, I got a review on tech-powerup where they installed it on an Ultra-D just fine!

Now, for the same price (which they are incidentally), which should I rather get? The Big Typhoon, or the Zalman CNPS9500 AM2? Does anyone know of a review where they're compared side-by-side?

I have the Zalman CNPS9500 and so far I like it.

I bet they are pretty close as far as how effective they are.

The Zalman has copper fins while the Big Typhoon does not; Copper dissipates heat much better than aluminum does, it has higher thermal conductivity value.

The big typhoon has a 120mm fan in it...thats huge. It should be able to push quite a bit of air through the heat sink no problem.

The Zalman directs the airflow out through the rear case fan. This is good as the flow may not be quite as turbulent when compared to the big typhoon.

Just some things to think about. I have never used the big typhoon.

The big typhoon, and buy a different 120mm fan has a higher cfm and you'll get some really nice temps, and another thought you could buy the tuniq tower 120 and install 2 120mm fans on it, it will provide better cooling than the big typhoon.

the big typhoon is a more effective cooler than the zalman cnps9500 but the downside is that it really is huge. i have one myself and while i love it i wouldn't have a clear conscience if i didn't say this thing is REALLY freaking huge. it may put quite a bit of strain on your motherboard but it is well supported by the backplate provided, basically extra care should be taken when moving your pc (which you should pay anyway). it really is a brilliant air cooler

the advantage to the downward facing fan is that it does actually seem to cool the MOSFET heatsinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom