Dell Gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proximos

Baseband Member
Since there is a forum about how much Dell sucks and how they don't have good gaming computers, I just want to let you know that they HAD (which still is i believe) THE most powerful gaming computer. I'm talking about the Limited Edition XPS 600 Renegade. It is the first computer to use QUADRUPE video cards. Here are the main specs: 4 Nvidia 7800 GPU's, running through dual card SLI boards at 16x, as well as a factory-overclocked Intel Extreme Edition 4.26 GHz CPU. By far the most powerful gaming computer yet known to man, Dell cited tech-specs at 1.3 billion transistors within the GPUs and 2 gigabytes of dedicated frame buffer memory, as well as benchmark figures of 41 Gigaflops per second and a total of 5.2 TFLOPs. Suffice to say, the Renegade is a beast of here-to-fore unknown power.

For more information about it, here's a link http://gear.ign.com/articles/679/679405p1.html

Now think about this, what if you were to buy 4 XFX GeForce 7950 GX2 Dual GPU Xtreme 1GB PCIe video cards. That would mean that not only would you have 4 gigabytes of ram, but you would also have 4 gigabytes of video memory. OMG...THE BEAST HAS BEEN UNLEASHED

TheMajor said:
You can build one yourself for less money, with better motherboard, PSU, case, etc.

Really, with 4 video cards? Didn't know that. But that thing still is a monster lol.

and plus. Manufactured PCs come with all the crap that Dell puts on it like all the trial software. If you get your own OS. Theres like nothing thats pre put on your computer which is very nice.

the only point in having that many video cards is if you are going to game on a freakin 30'' screen or something

gurusan said:
the only point in having that many video cards is if you are going to game on a freakin 30'' screen or something
Ironically enough, they were advertising a 30 inch LCD monitor as well. Take a look at the link lol. It comes with he computer.

the 30" monitor alone is like $3000, but still if nvidia would release the drivers for quad-sli, you could easily build a better computer for less money.

Core 2 Xtreme @ 3.6Ghz
2gbs of ram
2x7950gx2

Right there will beat it alone

Ridlyn said:
the 30" monitor alone is like $3000, but still if nvidia would release the drivers for quad-sli, you could easily build a better computer for less money.

Core 2 Xtreme @ 3.6Ghz
2gbs of ram
2x7950gx2

Right there will beat it alone

I know, but you have to look at the fact that this computer was released like a year ago. And plus, you could still put the Intel Core 2 Duo if you wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom