xp rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

deklufc

Beta member
Anyone help me with a little problem I have please.
I have just re-installed xp after a format now when I start the computer and the desktop appears I get a message telling me that my Graphics Card driver is causing the problems and before I can get into the system to delete the driver the computer just reboots itself and continuously does the same.
How can I delete the driver without waiting for the desktop to load.
Regards
deklufc

log off unplug the power
take the card off and try that way to delete the driver after you have done that reboot if you have the disc for the agp card copy the files then turn off the computer unplug the power reinstall the card and when ask you to install search for the files of your card

Thanks for that Jaun, will give it a try after workand let you know how I get on
Regards
deklufc

Make sure the card is seated properly
try booting into safe mode , in device manager Remove the VC and reboot .Dont install the card when you reboot use
Driver cleaner 2 to remove any left over Drivers from previous installs .Then reinstall the card with the latest drivers .

also, what kind of vid card and what kind of chipset on the MBD? Via and NVidia have some issues. Also, try going into safe mode (not sure if you have) and set the adapter to standard pci graphics adapter and then get the most recent drivers. if need be delete the associated drivers (inf, vxd) and search for it in the registry. Unless you know EXACTLY what to look for, I would just suggest doing the beginning of this and forgo the regedit and the driver deletion or that'll cause a serious headache. However, if you DO have a via chipset (for AMD) and NVidia then do a search for "VIA NVIDIA"... there is a compatability problem there.. should hopefully have a patch.

re

Thanks for that Killians.
Will try that and let you know the outcome.
Many thanks
dek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom