how much dells suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
well in dell's defense they have to be overpriced so that they can make money. If they sold their PCs for the price that it cost to build them they wouldn't have profit. Basically dell is for people who want a basic computer that does word processing, etc, or a computer that's decent at gaming for people who don't want to build and are willing to pay extra.

lancec2c30 said:
well I wouldnt say the XPS' models are that good. If you compare them to all there equal's in the industry they are hardly **** good.
I think he's talking about the one with quad SLI and stuff.

for that one, overpriced is an understatement!

Its like all of us drive Corvette Z06's and the rest of the world drives honda civics.

Different strokes for different folks.

well but dell doenst have to make that much profit.

Of course if I was runnigna buisness like that I would probably do the same thing. :) Of course wouldnt we all??

infiltrator7 said:
wanna back your statement up with some facts? i've had 3 dells through my lifetime, and I don't have much to complain about - they were good PCs for what me and my family needed.

I do agree.... although I urge others to build, not everyone wants to. It is extemely boring and frustrating to most individuals. It takes a somewhat twisted mind to be a Techie.

Dells are good basic computers (though I admit to bad-mouthing them on a bad day) , merely overpriced when considering the sum of their parts. The high cost may very well be worth it to an individual that doesn't want to "get down and dirty" with PC building.

My bottom line: Want a decent desktop for home computing and web-surfing, Dells will get the job done. Want a high-end Rig for whatever your fetish? Build and Mod away!

lancec2c30 said:
well I wouldnt say the XPS' models are that good. If you compare them to all there equal's in the industry they are hardly **** good.

I don't man, but when Dell released the Limited Edition XPS, it was said to be the most powerful computer on the market. I mean seriously, that thing was a beast...although it did cost 10 grand...lol. Let's take a look at the beautiful specs:
4 Nvidia 7800 GPU's running through dual card SLI boards at 16x, facotry over-clocked Intel Extreme Edition 4.26 Ghz CPU. By far the most powerful gaming computer yet known to man, Dell cited tech-specs at 1.3 billion transistors within the GPUs and 2 gigabytes of dedicated frame buffer memory, as well as benchmark figures of 41 Gigaflops per second and a total of 5.2 TFLOPs. Suffice to say, the Renegade is a beast of here-to-fore unknown power.
http://gear.ign.com/articles/679/679405p1.html
This thing is absolutely a beast. Now imagine putting 4 XFX GeForce GX2 Dual GPU Xtreme 1GB PCIe. OMG, this makes me soooo jelaous. That would be 4 GIGS VIDEO MEMORY. OMG, i'm going to cry. If you've seen something more powerful, let me know.

I've never had a problem with dell, i have a dell right now, and i've upgraded it, and modded it, and it still works fantastic. I bought a new PSU, video card, 2gb of ram, and added 2nd hdd with no troubles at all. I bought this a while back when i didnt even know about building pc's now that i know how. I will always build from now on.

Like alot of people said dells are fine, they start to get really overprice after about $600, because they charge like $220 for a 6800gs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom