Next graphics card coming soon.. which to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
yes.. before any of you call me stupid... AGAIN.. just shut up and don't say it!! i know this is the 3rd time actually.. i think 4th time i'm getting a graphics card... sooo i have 2 choices, based on prices i think i may have my winner.. anyway lemme say why i'm getting a new graphics card first...... i just volt modded my 7900 gt as some of you may know.. and my friend is interested in buying it from me! for 200 even though it is voltmodded and may overheat at times.. so i couldnt refuse that offer :cool: ... and with my opteron 146 being sold for about 120.. i have 320 in the pocket right there.. and a paycheck coming up next friday.. and with that being said.. here are my two choices on cards

EVGA 7900 GT KO 512 MB

OR

Sapphire X1900XT

I'm leaning more towards the x1900xt because of its ability to do hdr and anti aliasing at the same time.. very interesting to see that in action... and not only that, its only about 339 dollars which is like 20 dollars cheaper than the 7900 gt and has a chance of performing better.. (stock of course).

But i want the 7900 gt ko because of its stock 1.5 voltage... but then again, i won't notice a difference between that and the 7900 now.. well i'll be getting higher fps... but i really don't care too much

either one of these will be going in my conroe build later on.. i really wanted an sli board for the g80.. but if ati can turn it around i may get a crossfire board and get an r600 later on...

my sticky situation is mostly with future motherboards and graphics cards... what is your peoples opinions?

dude... your stupid ;)

I would go for the KO.. im sorta confused with your situation, but i would rather get the KO over the 1900xt

BUt wait... i have a 6800gs and i can do HDR and AA at teh same time on CSS..

ahh.. no.... its not doing hdr and aa at the same time.. ati has the only cards that can do it.. both options are on, but while hdr is on, anti aliasing is disabled.. i had a big hissy fit about this as well

only few levels in cs actually use hdr.. that being militia and de_dust... i don't think any other levels use it.. there was some snow level.. but i don't remember the name... but while that is one, supposedly aa is shut off.. because i have both on as well

i didnt believe it until i got oblivion and it told me that i couldnt turn them both on at the same time :angry:

any my situation is i wanted to stick with nvidia so i could go sli with the g80's later on...

but if i get ati.. iknow i'll want crossfire later on down the road.. and if i get a crossfire board for my conroe build later on... then i will be shafted of nvidia....

IIRC Oblivion was the only or one of the only ones that only ati could do hdr and aa. But you needed a patch and it never worked for me.

If you go ATI keep in mind you will need to spend $30-50 extra on an aftermarket heat sink since they blow at their thermal management.

I think the X1900XT beats the 7900 gt KO in most situations but I don't have numbers to compare. I just remember reading some reviews....

bah.. no responses!! hahaha.... i guess people have had enough of my graphics card buying threads!!!!

anyway.. i think i'm dead set on the x1900xt

Graham said:
If you go ATI keep in mind you will need to spend $30-50 extra on an aftermarket heat sink since they blow at their thermal management.

I think the X1900XT beats the 7900 gt KO in most situations but I don't have numbers to compare. I just remember reading some reviews....

well since i just now found out my friend won't be buying it for a while.. like 2 weeks.. i'm thinking of getting the his x1900xt... and that is one massive heatsink, would that still have the same problem

Umm, isn't Intel pulling ATI driver support for their processors in response to AMD buying out ATI?

So wouldn't it be suicide to get an ATI card and then Conroe with no support?

NosBoost300 said:
well since i just now found out my friend won't be buying it for a while.. like 2 weeks.. i'm thinking of getting the his x1900xt... and that is one massive heatsink, would that still have the same problem

HIS IceQ3 works awesome. I have my x1800gto flashed to a xl @ 700/700 and it never goes over 75c. (stock speeds are 4 less pipes and 520/495).

Umm, isn't Intel pulling ATI driver support for their processors in response to AMD buying out ATI?

I believe anandtech said that was a rumor. At least for the mobos with intergrated video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom