New PC Build: wont start up

Status
Not open for further replies.

xfatalherox

Baseband Member
Hi. I just recieved all my new parts for my new PC today. I put everything together and boot up for the first time and I get no video or no beeps. All the fans are spinning but nothing shows up on the monitor. I double checked to see if everything is connected properly like a million times, but still the same thing. Can anyone help me?

1st, before you bought everything for your computer, did you make sure you got the right CPU, MOBO, and RAM that will work together?

For example, If your mobo only supports 266 Mhz DDR ram and you got 133 Mhz Ram, it aint gonna work.

Also if your MOBO can only support up to a Penium2 and you got a p4 then you need to get a different mobo OR cpu. Also make sure the CPU FSB speed on the mobo and cpu are supported by both.

Check the jumpers on everything, especially the mobo. If that doesn't work then try reseating the cpu.

Next I would try putting in one piece of hardware at a time and seeing if it boots.

Theres not much I can do unless your more specific about your hardware setup

Hi and thanks for replying. My my setup is:

Biostar TForce 6100-939 Motherboard
AMD Athlon 64 3800+ socket 939 processor with the supplied fan
Corsair ValueSelect 512MB PC3200
ULTRA V Series 350 watt ATX power supply.

Well, on the mobo there are 4 led's, and when i start mine up only two light up. According to the manual, the two led's not turning means a CPU/Chipset error. I have already tried taking the motherboard out of the case and starting up, but with no results.

I double checked to make sure that all the parts would be compatible before I bought everything, so that can't be it. And i already tried reseating the CPU twice, and still nothing.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm getting kinda worried here... :confused:

maybe the psu that came with the case is messed up. also, the ide cables could have been defective. try buying some new ones and see if that does anything.

OK so today I buy a brand new Antec 550W Power Supply and try it out on my PC, and nothing!!! Still the same problem! The wierd thing is that im not getting any beeps at all! No matter if I take out just the CPU, just the RAM, or both and start it up, the same thing happens: No Beeps, All drives spin, but the two led's dont come on (which means CPU/Chipset Failure) and i get no video. Somebody please help!!!!!

OK well ive narrowed it down to two things:

1. Either the memory is bad because when I bought it it was already opened (I'm hoping thats what it is)

or

2. Its gotta be either the CPU or Mobo is dead. If so, I will have to take it to a computer shop to find out which is bad, then I will RMA them.

Well thanks for everyones help. Ill post tomorrow after I test the RAM sticks on my friends PC.

I would almost bet on the CPU. When its the CPU it usually doesnt beep or anything. At least you can RMA your parts.

Bought the motherboard from tigerdirect, and the processor from newegg. I still don't know which is the defective one though.

rma the ram, if no help, then the mobo, and if no help still, rma the processor, and if nothing still, .....wait by any chance did you change the jumpers on the mobo for the bios clear from clear to normal? double check just to be sure, if there are any jumpers for the processor, check those too, and also have you been able to get into the bios yet? also try starting it with just the cpu, and ram, no hd's or pci/agp/watever on the mobo(with the exception of graphics if the mobo dosent have onboard video) and try starting it, if it works add one device until it fails, then you know what the problem is..hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom