Uh Oh Build Trouble #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like RAM maybe? Check to make sure your RAM is in its proper slots and that the 4-pin 12v cable (goes right above the processor) is plugged in.

::-Chase-::

yeah itwas the ram, i have 2x 1gb sticks running in dual channe. i took one stick out and it posted fine and now im in bios. any idea to what the problem cold be?

Take Motherboard out of Case, Place it on a hard non=conductive Surface, Remove EVERything Except CPU, RAM And Video card.
Then try Turning it on, If POST is successful you should hear one single Beep, you can then shut it off and Add one component after another until it No Longer Boots.

If it doesn't Boot With Only, RAM, CPU and Video card, then One of four things is bad, or not connected correctly.
Possible, Bad/dead motherboard, CPU, RAM or Video Card.

Edit: Bah Looks I was late On Posting, Anyways, Try both Sticks by themselves to make sure it is indeed a Bad Stick.

okay but one more question. i dont have an opersting system but i do have a retore disk from my old compaq hat i could use. would it besafe to try and loadthis then just remove all of the drivers off of it and install new ones?

its not a question of safety... that cd won't even run.. i believe it'll try to detect the original motherboard, and if its a different one, it just won't work.

anyways.. ya.. i suspected it was the ram.. try switching out the ram and test the other one out.. if it works.. then its a mobo issue.. if it doesn't work, then its a ram issue.

you could just get a copied xp cd (or just download and burn) and use your current xp cd key. thats probably not allowed tho, and i DO NOT recommend you do it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom