Help me please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
driver? no...leave that, ur having a hardware problem, so leave software intact, but also ive been doing some reading, and a new virus is out that all people need to pay attention to. the first sign of it is in C:\ driverload that is the ms-81(a-f) virus....brand new, got it last night, just got rid of it, now doing research, found out it is a malicious trojan...took mine out this morning, disconnected internet, and mine ran, so look into that...another sign is in task manager ms-81(a-f) rundll32.exe and asf.exe, if you have those, then search for ms-81 and delete all found then the driverload folder, and you should be set. not saying you have it, but u should check just to be sure, now about the driver, leave that alone, just pull the card and reboot

Alright, took it out, put it back in... No go... Can't even install it.
Now I took my brother's sound card off and going to try it right now, seee if it works... if not, then its either the socket or mother board damaged

Well... I put my brothers card in, downloaded driver... Can't install because I don't have the product. So I guess my motherboard is ****ed??? Is there any way the socket is not "configured" and its not working? I remember to fix the initial problem I had, I had to go to the recovery console and type some thing to make the "VOLUME_BOOT" thing get fixed. Maybe that could be the problem?

nope. 2 things left now, either mobo is bad, or...well..mobo is bad(unless by a freak of nature the sound cards are both bad...) might be a setting in the bios not enableing the card to work and making the onboard work instead, but mobos are PnP, so it shoulda done it by it self

EDIT: wait, last thing, how many watts is ur power supply? could be its not giving enough power

EDIT: then again, does windows recognise the board even on the pc? go to device manager, and see if there are any unknown devices(hint winkey+pause = system)

My power supply is of 700W.

And now that you mention that, I just remembered too. As soon as I fixed the problem where I coulndn't get passed "Windows" screen, I got this "Hardware found" message. It said I was missing "Multimedia Audio Controller". I tried Creative CD, Downloading a driver, etc etc... Nothing worked. Now I don't get the message, and there is no "Multimedia Audio Controller" anymore.

If I go to Run and type in dxdiag, and click on Sound, the "Device" = Realtek (Onboard sound card). I don't think its the card to be honest, since my brothers card didn't work either, and it does on his comp. It's either the mobo, or a bad setting, or a BIO or something.

Any tips?

Here is what I did to fix the problem where the comp would freeze on Start up:

Damaged File System
If the second parameter (0xbbbbbbbb) of the Stop error is 0xC0000032, then the file system is damaged.

If this is the case, restart the computer to the Recovery Console, and then use the chkdsk /r command to repair the volume. After you repair the volume, check your hardware to isolate the cause of the file system damage.

To do this, use the following steps: 1. Start your computer with the Windows startup disks, or with the Windows CD-ROM if your computer can start from the CD-ROM drive.

2. When the Welcome to Setup screen appears, press R to select the repair option.

3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the Windows installation that you want to access from the Recovery Console.
4. Type the administrator password when you are prompted to do so.

NOTE: If no administrator password exists, press ENTER.
5. At the command prompt, on the drive where Windows is installed, type chkdsk /r, and then press ENTER.

6. At the command prompt, type exit, and then press ENTER to restart your computer.For additional information about how to use the Recovery Console in Windows XP, click the article number below to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
314058 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058/EN-US/) Description of the Windows XP Recovery Console

Could it be by doing this somehow my motherboard isnt detecting the sound card? I really want to know if theres a way to fix this, or do I have to format?

Actually, I disabled it... went to Run > typed dxdiag and went to "Sound". Didn't show anything as sound device.... Its not detecting it at all, also, nothing unknown on device manager page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom