Am2/939?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a tower, monitor, mouse and keyboard. The only thing I need to do is upgrade all the stuff inside the box. I suppose I could use a new tower but I have a good solid Antec one that I'm planning on adding a few fans and stuff to. Maybe I'll even save up and water-cool it, who knows ;)

Thing is, I'd rather not wait too long. I don't really need the performance of an AMD FX or the Conroe, or at least I don't think I will. From my experience and what I've heard, the AMD dual-core and AMD in general is a workhorse, and since next-gen games are probably going to improve multithreading support I thought I would put most of my cash into getting an insane video card and RAM :D And if it's true that AM3 processors will work on the AM2 socket I'll just upgrade to a much better processor later on.

very good, I like. I'd go with 2 7900gt's rather then a single gx2. 2 main reasons for that is look at the core clocks, and you can't change out the heatsink on a gx2.

Why would you get SLI if you do not mind me asking, a 7900GT will handle anything you throw at it atm, so why get 2 when you can save on it for now?

*shrug* if I was gonna blow 500+ dollors on video Id make it 2 7900GTs rather then one GX2. Why buy one when you can buy two at twice the price. Tell ya the truth, one would be enough for me.

having one gx2 leaves the door open for quad sli in the future... who knows, maybe some extreme game will come out soon and the guy will want to run it on max settings/resolutions with full eye candy. thats why i got the expensive mobo aswell.. the gx2 seems like a pretty powerful card i was worried maybe the 8X lanes would limit it somehow.. although i doubt it.. but i got the 16X lanes just in case!

uhh that motherboard has 48 lanes, 32 just for sli.

Edit: ohh wait my bad you were saying that because its a gx2 it only has one 16x slot?

lol.. i neither understood your post, nor your edit to the post. it doesn't matter anyways..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom