soooooo excited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I give up on explaining..

good luck doing whatever you had in mind lol, its your money.

-Jo.

physically...many of the older (not that old of course, just computer old, lol) lga 775 mbs were not future preppred for the Intel Core 2 Duo. It's just a matter of flashing the bios for those mbs that needed it...of course I'm assuming this is what it is, could be something else :D

haha thats pretty **** funny, but seriously i woudlnt even have bought a system board that would make me do that. also jimmyness gotta learn there are just some ppl not worth paying attention to so dont let it get to you. but those Links make me never want to buy asus, love my MSI lol.

its a decnet board and its not that its old its just that it was designed to work with the origanal conroes, but the conroes changes a bit after the realse of the first batch of the mobos, so its only a few that are ****ed, and if mines a new version then ill just send the celeron back.

here it is: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Asus_177.html

ive had asus befoe and it was rock solid, its alos the board alot of people are going for

ya, it looks like it won't even post with the conroe.. so you gotta use another 775 cpu..

jimmy, if you're able to return the celeron, that would be great.. i suggest you use the scythe ninja on the celeron so you don't use the stock cooler w/ the stock thermal paste, that way when you return it, it'll look brand new, as though you didn't even use it.. just make sure you clean off the cpu well with alcohol... and make it look brand new.. and don't damage the packaging.. hehe... i assume you have AS5 ?

is this wrong? maybe.. but its their fault for falsly advertising that the mobo supports conroe when it actually doesn't...

thanks, do you reacon i even need a heatsink on it at all, given im just gonna boot it up and use it for like 10 mins?

there is a bit of a hoo haa over the false abvertising, oh well

ya you'd definitely need the heatsink AND fan even if its just for 10 minutes... it only takes a few seconds for it to fry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom