feedback on this gaming rig plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

peace2acorn

Baseband Member
Ok im planning on buying all of the following parts for a high-end gaming comp. The only thing i am not really sure about is the monitor and memory.

CPU: AMD FX-62

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5 Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI (not completely sure on this either)

RAM: OCZ GOLD 2x1gb ddr2 800

GPU: eVGA geforce 7950gx2

CASE: Thermaltake armor black aluminum full tower atx

PSU: OCZ Gamexstream 700w

HD: WD Raptor 74gb 10k rpm

DVD-ROM: SONY black ide dvd-rom

Keyboard: Logitech g15

Mouse: logitech g5

Again the only things im not really sure about is the ram and monitor. Im looking for an lcd larger than 20" widescreen thats really good for gaming. Of course if anyone finds something else wrong in these specs plz tell me. Thanks

Awsome rig.

May I suggest you, if you are not going to use two monitors, get an ATI x1900xt and save urself a whole lot of money..

Also, can you givem e a direct link to the RAM specifications?

Rest of the rig is awsome, however if you can wait till the end of the month you could probably get an Intel Conroe machine, I cant wait for example so im getting an AM2 rig ;) .

-Jo.

Awesome, but again with the CPU. Conroe. Unless you have the money right now and were planning on ordering in the next few days. Then stick with AMD.

lancec2c30 said:
is that the only HD your getting?
He might not need much space, but something to consider. If you change your choice for CPU, you could use some of the extra cash to buy another Raptor and run them in RAID. That would be nice and fast.

thanks for the suggestions.
i am an amd and nvidia fan so i would like to stick to them. yes that is the only hd i will have for the time being but will soon after be purchasing a larger one for storage. in the beginning i will only have games on it anyways.

yoad here is the link to the ram: http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820227124

gurusan why do u say the fx62 has horrible performance?

any suggestions on that lcd by the way??? i know somebody out there has to have a good suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom