Buying a gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya that would be awsome to have a laptop like that. then since I dont have highspeed I could just go to my friends house and play all my games there LOL

Sager Notebooks make a NICE laptop, which is fully upgradeable and suitable for Gaming. Rivals Alienware, cheaper, with better service and warranty options, IMO.

Spending $4000 on a Sager Notebook will leave you a VERY happy customer.

That said ... I just cannot justify the price of a performance/gaming laptop over a desktop. For $4000, I could build (or purchase) a custom system that looked great, out-performed anything on the market, ran cool AND quiet, and had dual 24 Inch Hi-Res LCD's, or 32 Inch Low res (1280/1366) OR one large 37 - 42 in display ...

Although why anyone would want two crappy 1366x ... LCD's for gaming is beyond me. :)

StylinGolfShoes said:
alienware is the best
voodoo is good but theres are 4300.00 up for any worth gaming on and that is not tricked out

the alienware m9700 is the best under 4000
heres how u should configure it

Processor:AMD Turion™ 64 Mobile ML44 2.4GHz 800MHz FSB 1MB L2 Cache

OS:Genuine Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005 with Service Pack 2 With Media Center Remote Control and Single NTSC Tuner

Display: 17" WideUXGA 1920 x 1200 LCD with Clearview Technology

Motherboard:Alienware® NVIDIA® Mobile SLi Chipset

RAM:2GB Dual Channel DDR SO-DIMM at 400MHz - 2 x 1024MB

Hard Drive: Extreme Performance (RAID 0) 200GB (100GB x 2) Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ NCQ & 8MB Cache

Optical Drive: 8X Dual Layer DVD+/-RW / 24X CD-RW Combo w/Software

Video/ Graphics Card: Dual 256MB NVidia® GeForce™ Go 7900 GS - SLI Enabled

Sound Card: High-Definition Audio with surround sound

Wireless Network Card: Internal 802.11b/g WiFi Card w/ Airgo MIMO Technology

Communications: Integrated 10/1000Mb Gigabit Ethernet & 56K V.92 Modem

Mouse: Razer Copperhead™ High Precision Gaming Mouse

and everything else get what they selected except get the extra battery

Price: 3,814.00 that thing could kick most desktops a**es

Have you seen the benches for the turion chips? They get destroyed by intel's core duo, and will lose even worse to the up coming "merom" core 2 duo.

curtcheese64 said:
Have you seen the benches for the turion chips? They get destroyed by intel's core duo, and will lose even worse to the up coming "merom" core 2 duo.

ok laptop core 2 duos arent out
amd turions are still good
ha

lol,k...

but anyways, if you want a good laptop get this
http://www.dell.com/content/product...on=specs#tabtop
AND DONT SA ITS NOT GOOD....
it has a x1800 (dont know why they make a weird series just for laptops.... jsut make it X1900GO lol)
up to four gigs
dvd burner
you ccan get two hard drives

and
P.P. Mguire
did you read ^^^^^
i can play oblivion almost maxed out with a x1600pro
512 mb ram p4 530J
200GB sata wd hdd
so that can certanly handle games... i know someone that got that laptop and he can play FEAR maxed out njo problem
Yea you can play Oblivion maxed out but yet its still set on Medium instead of high. Yea i can play it maxed out on a 9800XT too, but its still not all the way maxed out. And theres no way that guy can play FEAR maxed out w/ that card or else it would lag like a *****.Oh yes lets give the guy a Dell XPS so it can blow up in his face. Nice one. The Alienware will STILL run circles around it. Also, dual 7900GS's in SLI will make mince meat out of that POS X1800 mobility. Also, all this for CHEAPER.
Voodoo laptops beat out Alienware by far, but are way to exspensive and weigh 22lbs and up. Not worth it. Alienware is pretty much going down the tube so they have really cheap prices now. And for the love of god ppl stop mentioning desktops. Would you like to try and carry your desktop through an airport from Canada to Arizona? Didnt think so, so shut up about them already. Geez.

P.P. Mguire said:
Yea you can play Oblivion maxed out but yet its still set on Medium instead of high. Yea i can play it maxed out on a 9800XT too, but its still not all the way maxed out. And theres no way that guy can play FEAR maxed out w/ that card or else it would lag like a *****.Oh yes lets give the guy a Dell XPS so it can blow up in his face. Nice one. The Alienware will STILL run circles around it. Also, dual 7900GS's in SLI will make mince meat out of that POS X1800 mobility. Also, all this for CHEAPER.
Voodoo laptops beat out Alienware by far, but are way to exspensive and weigh 22lbs and up. Not worth it. Alienware is pretty much going down the tube so they have really cheap prices now. And for the love of god ppl stop mentioning desktops. Would you like to try and carry your desktop through an airport from Canada to Arizona? Didnt think so, so shut up about them already. Geez.

YA what he said :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom