Broken Graphics Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timb116

Beta member
I recently developed a problem with my system (which came about for no reason I can see) where it wont run any graphical programs properly. When I play videos I get green lines all over the screen and the graphics in games just dont work at all.

Any ideas on what may be the problem? I reinstalled the drivers and got no change and the GPU is running at about 54 degrees. Any help would be greatly appriciated, my system is:

Asus A7N8X-E
Athlon XP 3200+
1024MB RAM
RADEON X800 PRO
SB Audigy 2
Windows XP Home

Hello,

Boot into safe mode. Do you get the same problem?

Also, does your graphics card have a heatsink & fan?

Usually artifacts on screen are a good indication of a GPU that's overheating, and possibly dying.

Went into safe mode but I cant really check if the problems are the same as you cant run any graphical stuff there anyway.
The card has a heatsink and fan and both seem to be working ok. Is running at 54 degrees hot? Its ran fine for two years and I dont see how it can suddenly gain a heat problem.

remove all video card programs from add/remove programs, then run a Free driver cleaner to remove the remaining junk. Download and install THESE chipset drivers. Then install the latest radeon drivers from ATI. If you still are seeing the same things """And the GPU heatsink is clean"""" then the card is probably on its last legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom