soooooo excited

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyness

Baseband Member
yall know the feeling ya just orded stuff, and ya just sit round all day waiting for the postie.

well i orede my stuff, should hopefully get it all by saturday, hopefully, i was only gonna spend like £600, but it crept up to £770
well here it is:

conroe e6300 OEM: £124.97

asus p5w dh deluxe: £162.09

lga775 celron, (for the flash bios): £30

G.Skill 2GB DDR2 NR PC2-6400: £135.07

Connect3D ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512MB £230

scythe ninja: £34

+ all the seprate delivery crap, took it to 770, but - the 450 ill hopfull get from my old comp, not too bad at all

not to shabby, but you have me confused with

"lga775 celron, (for the flash bios): £30"

never heard of what that could even possibley be.

cos asus made the p5w to work with the conroe, but the conroe changed so you need to put in old 775 cpu to flsh the bios for conroe, pain in the asssss

I think it's sort of like a socket adapter for use on the motherboard so it can use the new Conroe.

thats so stupid lol

You didn't have to buy a new CPU, the computer will post even if the bios is not built for the Conroe, will just recognize it incorrectly thats all..

All you had to do is prepare the new bios floppy in advance..

-Jo.

yeah wait, theres no way youd ever need a second cpu to flash a bios ? either the board is made for the cpu or not. and if thats how the set up is for that mobo then i wouldnt have bought it cuz it sounds like it will give you nothing but problems if you have to do work arounds to get it working. good luck on that one.

its the only way, no prob cos i can just sell the cpu or send it back and wont loose any cash over it, i cant create a bios floppy in advance cos i dont have a 775 mobo

you dont need to, you download the bios flash on the pc you have and when you run it, it puts it on the floppy disk for you to run it on any machine that its for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom