firewall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the Filseclab Personal Firewall and so far its been great! and its free!

others are ZoneAlarm, Kerio, Tiny, Trend Micro.... find one that has good reviews and is easy to use - its up to you.

i would advise against using trend micro, purely on the basis that i had it installed when i got a virus that messed up my last pc. My advise is to get f-secure's firewall, i have been using it for a year now and no problems since.

i recommend zone alarm security suite thats what i use it has antivirus aswell as tons of other features you can read about it just search zone alarm in google.

firewalls are crutial items that one should not cheap out on. I typically will look to PC Magazine at www.pcmag.com for advice on this sorts of things. They tend to advise using, Mc Afee or Zone Alarm.

Personally I use to use Norton until the firewall finally refused to run then I switched to Mc Afee and have not had a problem since. Although I understand that Zone Alarm is very good at firewalls.

ZA Pro blocked the Blaster worm from hitting my system. Then to test it, I uninstalled it and I was hit soon after

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom