LCD Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshSB

Geek Squad
The VA902B, which I own says it has a max Vertical refresh of 85 Hz, however when I go to change my refresh rate, the max it says (safely) it can run is 72 Hz, why is this, and is it just a bug in windows?

i have the same issue.. only difference is that i have a "DELL" lcd monitor
(from my older dell computer) :(

I dont think windows could affect this in any way, i think that only the graphics card could affect the refresh rate.

LCD Moniters do Not have refresh rates, at least not how your thinking.

Refresh rates with CRT's is how many times per second the Photon Gun redraws the image on the screen.

And Guess what LCD's don't have photon guns. :p

Its not a big deal, I only have one option under my refresh rate also.

What do you call 8 ms refresh rate then? It is how fast the crystals recolor.

Anyways, is it safe to change my monitor up to 75 Hz even if it says safely 72 but the websites all say it s capable of 85?

I cranked it up to 75 Hz, and it displays perfectly, I tried to go up to 85 Hz, but the screen blacked out saying "Out of Range" so apparently my monitor can handle 75 fine, but not 85, Good with me. Anyways, will running it at 75 Hz make it die faster?

You should leave the LCD at the manufacturer recommended refresh rate. Raising it lowers the pixel response time. Response time is a measure of how fast a pixel changes from black to white, or vice versa. This is called Black-To-White response (BTW). It does not matter much in practice. What matters is the Grey to Grey response (GTG).

So what you saying is, considering the manufactuerer says my monitor is able to go from 50~85 hz, that 75 hz is fine and that in all truth it doesnt matter?

JoshSB said:
What do you call 8 ms refresh rate then? It is how fast the crystals recolor.

Anyways, is it safe to change my monitor up to 75 Hz even if it says safely 72 but the websites all say it s capable of 85?

That would be the response time.

On CRT's you have refresh rate and you can change that, on LCD's you have response time given in MS.

JoshSB said:
So what you saying is, considering the manufactuerer says my monitor is able to go from 50~85 hz, that 75 hz is fine and that in all truth it doesnt matter?
If you look in the manual or PDF documentation, it should recommend a specific refresh rate. If not 60 is usually it.

Why would 60 Hz be the best screen, yes it does say that, but I was under the impression that faster refresh rate = better screen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom