Complete Reformat of a Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
Let me make this as clear as possible. I'am helping my friend re-install a copy of home edition. She has the disk, she wants to completely reformat her computer and start it up as if it was brand new manufacture.

So far, she has rebooted the computer, and booted from the disc supplied with home edition. Where do we need to start?

Select Install, It will then find a previously installed version of windows, and prompt you to repair it... You need to select esc at that point, It will then show you the partitions you have currently. You then need to delete the partitions and create a new one.

Since you are not familiar with this process, I suggest creating only 1.

Then once you have done that, select the option to install to this partition... Reformat w/ NTFS, then sit back.

hate to say this, but we got an error, I../i386/ASMS

"The request could not be performed because of an I/O Device Error. Fatal Error, one of the components that windows needs to continue setup could not be installed"

try just doing the installation again and if it happens a second time post back here.

no what i would suggest is taking out any aftermarket hardware such as network cards soundcards ect. untill you get into the windows interface. and be sure to just delete all partitions then create a new one, format it and install the os.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom