Help me please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibChombo

In Runtime
Hello, I'm having a huge problem. Last night I was working fine on my comp, and now this morning when I try turning it on, it stops at the "Microsoft Windows XP" loading screen and then a blue screen comes up saying there was a problem, I can't read it cus it dissapears right away, and my computer restarts. But I can't get it to get past the screen... Please help me, I've tried turning it off etc but keeps doing it.

I read the message, it said "MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION" is the error. I can't even start it on safe mode.

sounds like a hardware fail....it says windows has shut down to protect your computer from hardware damage(or somehting like that). the most common cause of this is (1) a dying processor, this can be a warning to a system that is dying, or is already dead (2) dying ram/dead ram.. is there a temp monitor in your bios for your processor? and 2 when the pc posts, is it reporting the correct amount of ram?

EDIT: it could also be a undersupplied mobo(as in ur ps is too weak or is dying)

also, can you boot from the xp disk?

So far nothing worked, I put the windows CD in and its loading files now, but I don't want to format it. Also, another error was some Volume thing... wtf It was perfect last night

na its not for format, its the repair option. i forget, i had this prob about 2 months ago, and did a repair install or something, and replaced my ram, and it fixed it...now the volume thing...hmm..bad hdd? how old is ur system? was it a premade system or did u have it custom..also do you know what hard drive you have? just need to know some stuff about your system. but so far sounds like a hardware fail, maybe hdd, but if its running, then it aint processor, but still a pocibility of the ram

How do I do the repair thing? Nothing is showing up ><

I used CD, and pressed Boot from CD, now it says "Loading windows" in a blue screen, but it froze... Its not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom